Love+Warmth+Fashion


Three things matter most to me when it comes to crocheting:

{ Love. Warmth. Fashion. }

I hope to make you feel loved, I aim to make something that is warm and I strive to make it fashionable.
__________________________

What I'm famous for...

11 December 2013



I love headbands! Beanies usually don't fit my small head very well so I began crocheting headbands in an attempt to find something that fit better. This pattern is my version of most common headband patterns. I can't really say I own the real pattern but this is the one I usually use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Materials Used //


  • 1 Skein of yarn of at least 60-70 yds worth of yarn (I prefer super bulky labeled "6") // My favorite yarn for this project is Lion Brand: Hometown USA.
  • Size K (10 1/2 or 6.5 mm) OR size N (15 or 10mm) crochet hook.I tend to choose the hook based on the yarn type as well as my stitch size preference. In fact,  I made one the other day with a P sized hook. You decide which is best and let me know how it goes!

PATTERN  //

Base Row //

Chain 50-60 (I usually measure it to my head and make it long enough so a few stitches overlap) The length will vary depending on your head size. This number of stitches is your base row.
Chain 3 more stitches (this is your first "double crochet"). Don't include these three in your base row stitch count.

Row 1 //

DC into 4th stitch from hook.
DC all the way to the end (count as you go to make sure your DCs match your base row number).
Chain 3 and turn.

Row 2 //

DC into 4th stitch and continue to the end. Don't forget to match the number of DCs with your base stitch number again.
Repeat Row 2 until you have the desired width. I usually crochet 4-6 rows total.

Finish //
When you're finished. Weave in the ends and sew on your buttons using matching yarn of your color choice.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
© Amanda Lanae Waugh 2013 - 2014 All photographs taken by Stephen Rothrock and/or Amanda Waugh. Please do not copy or use without permission. All patterns are copyrighted under their original owner. Please give credit where credit it due.

Disclaimer: If you like my work/comments on a particular pattern and wish to share or use it, please credit it me and comment below. My original patterns are free to use unless stated otherwise; however, I only ask that you credit myself. Please do not sell my patterns, but you are encouraged to sell or gift garments made from the pattern. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment