Love+Warmth+Fashion


Three things matter most to me when it comes to crocheting:

{ Love. Warmth. Fashion. }

I hope to make you feel loved, I aim to make something that is warm and I strive to make it fashionable.
__________________________

Little Gem.

11 December 2013


I thought I'd share this lovely little gem with you just in case you wanted to try it for yourself!

Now, according to Kimberly Crowther's "Headband and a Button" tutorial, this is the pattern you should follow. However, I found that a few changes had to made in order to create a headband that looked just right (My problem could also be that I was using Super Bulky yarn rather than Worsted Weight...#firstworldproblems). Anywho, my "thoughts" are below each step in italics. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Materials //

Crochet Hook // H/8 or 5 mm hook, I/9 or 5.5 mm hook
I used hooks from K to N to complete this headband. 
Yarn Weight // (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
I used a little over half a skein of Lion Brand: Hometown USA brand Super Bulky yarn.

Additional Materials //
  • Needle and Thread
  • Large Button (My button was about 2"-3" wide)
Pattern //

Ch 75
(I chained 55-60ish. One thing to keep in mind is that you add length with each round so make a chain that at least reaches around your head)

ROUND 1 // sc in next ch from hook, sc in each ch across.
3 sc in last ch.
Working along bottom of chs, sc in each ch across.
3 sc in last ch, sl st to first sc. Ch 3. (154 sc)
(When I got the the part where you work along the bottom, I actually worked the "tail" into the stitching so I didn't have to weave it in later.)

ROUND 2 // Repeat ROUND 1 using dc in each sc st. Note | Each round will gain stitches. Continue to work 3 crochets in end stitches.
(My only problem with her "note" is that the three sc didn't allow my headband to lay flat so I improvised. I added about 3 or more dcs at each end and even more the following round)

ROUND 3 // Repeat ROUND 1 using hdc in each dc st.
Continue working ROUNDS using hdc until desired thickness. 
(For this round I actually used sc again because the headband would have been to wide with the type of yarn I used. Again, I added more sc at each end. If I remember right, I sc twice in 4-5 dcs at each end of the headband. The key is to get your headband to lay flat.)

FINISHING // Fasten off and weave in ends. To connect, overlap ends 1-2 inches or desired fit size. Sew button and edges together.

...And enjoy!





















- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
© Amanda Lanae Waugh 2013 - 2014 All photographs taken by Stephen Rothrock and/or Amanda Waugh. Please do not copy or use without permission. All patterns are copyrighted under their original owner. Please give credit where credit it due.

Disclaimer: If you like my work/comments on a particular pattern and wish to share or use it, please credit it me and comment below. My original patterns are free to use unless stated otherwise; however, I only ask that you credit myself. Please do not sell my patterns, but you are encouraged to sell or gift garments made from the pattern. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment