Love+Warmth+Fashion


Three things matter most to me when it comes to crocheting:

{ Love. Warmth. Fashion. }

I hope to make you feel loved, I aim to make something that is warm and I strive to make it fashionable.
__________________________

Christmas Gifts!

09 January 2014

This past Christmas, I enjoyed crocheting gifts for almost everyone on my Christmas gift list. I know this seems a little late but I couldn't post what I had made until the recipients had opened their gifts! Now it's time to share the gifts I made and the fun patterns I used to make them! Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Diamond Trail Scarf Pattern //by Paula, a retired Etsy Seller and Blogger. 

This free pattern can be found on her now dormant blog: Hookandyarn. The scarf modifications I followed are provided by Esther Chandler in her blog post on makemydaycreative.com.


Esther said that she added a few rows of the diamond portion of the pattern to the middle to make the scarf wider. I followed her example and also added some length.


Materials Used // 


  • Red Heart Shimmer yarn in Peacock Blue
  • Size G crochet hook
  • Large yarn needle




2.  Chunky Cowl // Please see my previous blog post on this particular cowl. 


3. Buttoned Shell Stitch Cowl //  by Stephanie on her blog allaboutami.com.  
A bog post on this lovely neckwarmer to come soon! It will also be featured on my Etsy store!


3. Black Hole Cowl // by Laura Jansen on her blog redribbonfox.blogspot.com 

Check back later for my blog post on this item. It will also be featured on my Etsy store!


4. Hooded Cowl // by Melissa on her shop Well-Ravelled.

I loved this pattern! It was a bit challenging at first because I didn't know how to crochet a "chainless" foundation row but after a few Youtube videos, I am pretty much expert (wink). The hooded part was a bit pointy for my liking but that can be worked with. Next time, I would crochet it with the same yarn but a larger sized hook. 

Materials Used //

  • Super Bulky Lion Brand Hometown USA brand in Fort Worth Blue
  • Size N crochet hook
  • Large yarn needle
  • Three silver buttons // Approx. 1"
  • Smaller metal yarn needle for sewing on the buttons

5. Modern Lace Scarf Pattern // from the Martha Stewart Crafts Lion Brand Yarn Collection. 

This pattern is pretty simple and I was able to make a lovely scarf out of it.

Materials Used:


  • 3 Skeins of Loops and Threads: Charisma yarn in White
  • Size N crochet hook
  • Large yarn needle
I do not have a picture of it but if you click the link above, you can view the one on Lion Brand's website! 



6. Lovely Buttoned Shell-Stitch Infinity Scarf // by myself. 

I wish I had a picture of this lovely gem! I wanted to make a cute infinity scarf that buttoned together to form a ring. I found a nice looking pattern to use but it was just too confusing and I figured I could make one from scratch without getting frustrated. I will duplicate the pattern soon and make a special blog post explaining my pattern! I may even offer the product on Etsy! 



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's about all! I'm pretty excited to continue learning more about crochet and expanding my collection of patterns. If you have any fun suggestions, let me know!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
© Amanda Lanae Waugh 2013 - 2014 All photographs taken by Stephen Rothrock and/or Amanda Waugh. Please do not copy or use without permission. All patterns are copyrighted under their original owner. Please give credit where credit it due.

Disclaimer: If you like my work/comments on a particular pattern and wish to share or use it, please credit it me and comment below. My original patterns are free to use unless stated otherwise; however, I only ask that you credit myself. Please do not sell my patterns, but you are encouraged to sell or gift garments made from the pattern. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment